Here is a delicious breakfast recipe that welcomes in the flavours of autumn and guarantees you start the day the very best way. We are always being told to eat more fish. The reason for this is that fish, especially seafood and oily fish in particular are an excellent source of Omega-3 essential fats. These are good for you because they play a major role in controlling inflammation, especially as they help to balance the often over consumed Omega-6 fats. On top of that, fish is an excellent source of other healthy fats (saturated, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated) and a great way to vary your protein sources in your diet.
I have teamed up with the lovely folks at Inverawe Scottish Oak Smoke House to bring you this delicious breakfast dish that brings in the smokey aromas of autumn and gives you another superb low carb, high fat meal to add to your personal recipe book. I have a special discount code for you to use online at Inverawe so enjoy this recipe blog and then head over there and place your order.
Whether you have returned from your morning run or still bleery eyed from a well deserved lie-in, this breakfast will set you up for a productive day ahead.
Aprox. 60g Inverawe Roasted Smoked Salmon.
Aprox. 60g Inverawe Smoked Mackerel (Kippers).
2 Organic (Free Range) Eggs.
10 Cherry Tomatoes.
3-4 tbsp Good Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
A Fistful of Peppery Leaves.
A Nob of Organic, Grass Fed Dairy Butter.
Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Olive Oil for Frying.
Take the refrigerated ingredients out of the fridge around 30-60 minutes before cooking, the fish taste a thousand times better at room temperature.
1. Warm your plate, not too hot, chop and start frying your cherry tomatoes in a small sauce pan.
2. Once the tomatoes have softened a little (around 2-3 minutes) turn up the heat and add the balsamic vinegar. Stir a little and lower the heat slightly and allow to reduce somewhat as you assemble the dish.
3. Melt the nob of butter in the egg pan as you beat your eggs. Add the eggs to the pan and scramble according to your preference.
4. Place the fish upon your plate. I have shown them here in large pieces, but you may like to flake the fish to go on top of your eggs and leaves.
5. Serve your scrambled eggs and lastly your leaves.
6. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
The generous people at Inverawe have created a special discount code for all Elevate readers. Until the 30th of October 2017 you can get 10% off by heading over to Inverawe and entering code ELEV8 at checkout.
They have a whole host of perfect low carb, high fat foods to nourish and inspire you at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Remember to subscribe by entering your email in the subscribe box at the bottom of any page to get the latest blog posts as soon as they are published.